Lessons Never Learned

Thursday, November 24, 2011

I don't know how to trust anyone, say that I can't-- and yet, each time, I seem implicitly to. Each time, I tell my head to rule my heart, command logic to take control of emotion. I am, by nature, enigmatically both logical and empathetic to a fault.

I am ironic, but not because I want to be.

You told me once that I couldn't possibly be real. But I am, and it seems that I am embarrassingly, detrimentally, only human. I don't know how to protect myself, and you aren't here anymore to teach me how... or to offer me the shoulder and shelter I crave. I wish you were. I wish for what never was and what never will be.

In your absence, though, I can only teach myself. I didn't want to be like you, but...

有些東西失去了永遠找不回
There are some things... once lost, they can never be found
有些話說了永遠收不回
There are some words... once said, they can never be unsaid
有些事情做了永遠沒法挽回
There are some things... once done, they can never be taken back, undone
愛情拋棄了就只能永遠後悔
And there is love... once thrown away, all that is left is a lifetime of regret
一顆心 碎了 又怎能從新開始?
(Can you tell me) Once a heart Is broken How does it begin to beat again?
© 2011 Original Chinese and English Translation: tammiest@AsianFanatics
Do NOT post elsewhere without proper credit.

0 comments: